Internship European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards and 7 Most Endangered Programme
Internship European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards and 7 Most Endangered Programme (http://europanostra.org/vacancies/)
(M/F, 5 DAYS – 37.5 HOURS - PER WEEK)
Location: The Hague
Closing date: 24 June 2016
Contract: 6 months, (5 days a week)
Start date : 1 September 2016
The trainee will report directly to the coordinators responsible for the overall co-ordination, management and operation of the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards and of the “7 Most Endangered Programme’.
The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards was launched in 2002 by the European Commission and has been organised by Europa Nostra since then. The Prize celebrates and promotes best practices related to heritage conservation, management, research, education and communication. In this way, it contributes to a stronger public recognition of cultural heritage as a strategic resource for Europe’s society and economy.
The 7 Most Endangered Programme was launched in January 2013 by Europa Nostra with the European Investment Bank Institute as founding partner and the Council of Europe Development Bank as associated partner. The programme identifies endangered monuments and sites in Europe and mobilizes public and private partners on a local, national and European level to find a viable future for those sites.Its aim is to serve as a catalyst for action and to promote “the power of example”.
Some of the tasks will include:
· Supporting the administration of the Awards Scheme and “7 Most Endangered”
· Translations and proof-reading
· Updating visual documentation
· Photo editing (Gimp, Photoshop)
· Using Facebook/ Twitter / LinkedIN/ Flickr / You Tube / Google + / Pinterest / Issuu / Slideshare and other social media;
· Providing assistance to the Communications department
· Registering incoming applications
· Answering general inquiries
· Attending weekly staff meetings and take minutes if requested
· Assisting staff members in the organisation of the Europa Nostra Annual Congress and Awards Ceremony 2017 (Turku, June 2017)
· BA or MA student
· English native speaker (strong preference) or fluent English; good command of French or other European languages will be an asset;
· Computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Internet)
· Basic understanding of a CMS (Content management system, i.e. Wordpress) and CRM (Customer relationship management)
· Graphic design skills will be an asset
· Accuracy and precision
· Ability to work in a team, but also fully independent
· Prepared to live in The Hague or its surroundings
What we offer:
An inspiring international working environment in a very well established mission-driven organisation with a large network of members and contacts in all parts of Europe and within a multicultural and multilingual staff team.
An internship fee of up to € 300 per month for a 37.5 hours / 5 days working week.
Applications should include a motivation letter and a full curriculum vitae, and should be sent to email@example.com no later than 24 June 2016, to the attention of Mrs Sneška Quaedvlieg-Mihailović, Secretary General
For additional information you may contact:
Mrs Silvie Barends Malinovska
Phone: +31 70 302 40 57