Unseen CO-OP Assistant
Unseen Amsterdam is one of the world’s leading art fairs. Unseen as a platform focuses on new photography, highlighting the most recent developments within the medium by presenting emerging talent and unseen work by established artists.
Unseen is looking for an intern to join the young and ambitious team of Unseen Amsterdam.
Since its first edition in 2012, Unseen has offered a wide and diverse audience a strong and substantial programme. In addition to the fair, there is the Unseen Living Room, Unseen Book Market, Unseen Magazine. The seventh edition of Unseen Amsterdam will take place from the 20th to the 23th of September 2018.
CO-OP is dedicated to cutting edge, artist-run collectives in order for them to present challenging and pioneering works of art, presentation modes and new commercial formats. This element to Unseen’s programme has been set up to stimulate collaborations between artists, as well as approaching art commerce in novel and unconventional ways to create more sustainable careers for collectives.
- Assisting the CO-OP curator with the individual presentations of each collective
- Assisting the Artistic Director of Unseen in organising online workshops for the collectives
- Leading contact person with all of participating collectives
- Administration of the participating collectives
- Being the main contact person for all the collectives during Unseen Amsterdam and being responsible for the coordination of the CO-OP desk
- Excellent social, organisational and communicative skills
- Language required is English. Dutch or a second language is desirable
- Keen initiative taker, and can work independently as well as in a team
- Good understanding of contemporary photography
- Previous experience in exhibition curation and/or production
- Previous experience working with artists
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management
This position is available from the 1st of April until the end of October. The role is 3 to 5 days per week. Unseen offers an internship fee.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mirjam ten Have, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is the 19th of March 2018.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the position via the email address provided or call +31 (0)6 46 10 98 68.
Top image: Unseen CO-OP Amsterdam 2017 © Maarten Nauw