Afstudeerstage bij museum in Kathmandu, Nepal
Lack of Knowledge
Unfortunately, there is a lack of knowledge regarding museology in Nepal. There are not enough skilled museologist to help the museum to catalogue their artefacts. Also they need someone to think about how to make the museum more lively and attractive for visitors. The staff at the museum is very welcoming friendly and eager to learn! Now all we need are museologists who are happy to work with them and help this museum grow.
What will I be doing?
As a volunteer you will be working together with the staff of the museum cataloging the artefacts, making better displays and also setting up programs, events etc. You can explore the area and learn a lot from the local people as well. For this placement you will need to be culturally sensitive with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the confidence to create positive relationships in very diverse working environments.
What will be included?
Volunteer Society Nepal offers you a well-organized program for a small fee that includes the following:
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Food and accommodation from the moment of landing at the airport to the final day of your placement
- In depth cultural and language training
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Arranged transfers to and from your placement
- Fully trained host families
- 24hr availability of VSN Nepal staff for emergencies
- Assistance with visas and pre-departure support
- Fundraising support
- Support in booking any further travel in Nepal
How do I sign up?